University of Mysore invites application for following courses for academic year 2011
(A) COURSES OFFERED UNDER BOTH SCHEME ‘A’ AND SCHEME ‘B’
COURSES OFFERED AT MANASAGANGOTRI, MYSORE
I - FACULTY OF ARTS
1. M.A. : Ancient History & Archaeology, Anthropology, Christianity, Communication &
Journalism, Comparative Literature & Translation Studies, Co-operative Management,
Development Studies, Economics, English, Folklore, Hindi, History, Jainology & Prakrit,
Kannada, Linguistics, West Asian Studies, Peace and Conflict resolution, Philosophy,
Political Science, Public Administration, Rural Development, Sanskrit, Sociology, South Indian Studies, Urdu, Women’s Studies.
2. MSW (Master of Social Work), M.Music (Master of Music), M.Dance (Master of Dance).
II - FACULTY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
1. M.Sc.: Anthropology, Applied Geology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Botany, Chemistry, Earth Science & Resource Management, Electronic Media, Environmental Science, Food Science & Nutrition, Genetics, Geography, Geology, Human Development, Mathematics, Microbiology, Organic Chemistry, Physics, Psychology, Sericulture and Seri Biotechnology, Statistics, Zoology.
2. M.Tech. in Computer Cognition Technology, M.Tech. in Computer Science & Technology, M.Tech in Urban and Regional Planning,
3. MCA (Master of Computer Applications),
4. M.L.I.Sc. (Master of Library and Information Science).
5. M.S. (Integrated) in Computer Science & Technology with an optional exit at the end of Fourth Semester with M.Sc. in Computer Science Degree.
6. M.Sc. in Molecular Biology- (5 years integrated course) at Yuvaraja’s College, Mysore.
7. M.Sc. in Chemistry at Yuvaraja’s College, Mysore.
8. M.Sc.Criminology and Forensic Science, M.Sc. in Geographical Information System (GIS) at Maharaja’s College, Mysore.
9. M.S. in Animation (at CIST, Manasagangotri, Mysore)
10. M.Tech. in Information System and Management at ISIM, Manasagangotri, Mysore.
III - FACULTY OF COMMERCE
MBA, MBA (Agri-Business), M.Com., MFM (Master of Financial Management).
IV - FACULTY OF EDUCATION
M.Ed., B.P.Ed, M.P.Ed. - at Maharaja’s College Sports Pavillion.
V - FACULTY OF LAW
VI - M.Phil. DEGREE COURSES
Ancient History & Archaeology, Botany, Commerce, Correctional Administration (at Maharaja’s College), Forensic Science (at Maharaja’s College), Economics, English, Environmental Science, Geography, Hindi, Kannada, Law, Library and Information Science, West Asian Studies, Sanskrit, Sociology, Zoology.
VII – PG DIPLOMA COURSES
Applied Sociology, Counseling and Health Psychology, Criminology and Correctional Administration (at Maharaja’s College), Electronic Media, Gemology & Ornamental Stones (Geology), Heritage Tourism & Travel Management (at DOS in History), Human
Resource Management (BIMS- Evening Course), Human Rights & Duties Education,
Intellectual Property Rights and Information Technology Law, Marketing Management
(BIMS-Evening Course), Musicology Tourism & Heritage (at Department of Studies in
Ancient History and Archaeology), Retail Supply & Chain Management (BIMS-Evening
Course), Translation (Hindi) Video Production (at Department of Studies in
Communication & Journalism),
Professional Diploma in Tourism Management. Professional Diploma in Tax Management (BIMS).
VIII– DIPLOMA COURSES
Arabic/ Persian & Urdu, Co-operative Management, Decentralization of Planning & Panchayath Raj Institution, Human Development, Industrial Relation, Music, Rural Reconstruction & Development.
IX– JUNIOR / SENIOR DIPLOMA COURSES
French, German, Russian.
X - CERTIFICATE COURSES
COURSES OFFERED AT Sir M.V. P G CENTRE, TUBINAKERE, MANDYA
MA in Economics, MA in English, MA in Kannada, MSc. in Polymer Science, MSc. In Sugar Technology, M.Phil. in Kannada, M.Phil. in Economics.
COURSES OFFERED AT PG CENTER, HEMAGANGOTRI, HASSAN
MA in English, MA in Kannada, M.Com., MSc. in Bio Science, MSc. in Electronics, M.Phil. in Kannada.
COURSES OFFERED AT UNIVERSITY SATELLITE CENTRE, CHAMARAJANAGAR
M.B.A., M.Com., M.S.W.
COURSES OFFERED BY CIST, MGM
(a) P.G. Course: (1). M.S. Animation,
(b) PG DIPLOMA COURSES:
(1) Animation, (2) Bio Informatics (PGDBIO) (3) E- Commerce (PGD-E.Com),
(4) Geo Informatics, (PGDGIS) (5) Multi-Media Technology (PGDMT (6) Publication
Design, (7)) Software Development.
(c) DIPLOMA COURSES:
(1) Hardware & Networking, (2) Multi-Media Production (DMP),
(3) Advance Diploma in Information Technology (ADIT).
(B) COURSES OFFERED UNDER SCHEME ‘A’ ONLY
I - M.Phil. DEGREE COURSES
Ambedkar Studies, Chemistry, Christianity, Learning Disabilities, Mathematics,
Seed Technology, Translation, Urdu.
II – PG DIPLOMA COURSES
Agricultural Marketing Management, Ambedkar Studies, English, Epigraphy, Folklore,
Indian Literature, Jainology, Linguistics, Prakrit, Prayojan Mulak Hindi, Translation,
Vivekananda Studies, Women’s studies.
Post M.Sc. Dipl. in Hydro Geology (Geol), Post M.A. Diploma in Manuscriptology.
III –DIPLOMA COURSES
Gandhian Studies, Kannada, Film Direction.
IV – CERTIFICATE COURSES
Dr.B.R. Ambedkar and Human Rights, French, Functional Hindi, German, Kannada,
Prakrit, Russian, Urdu.
How to Apply:
1. The Prospectus and the Application form may be obtained from 16-06-2011 in person in the Office of the Administrative Officer, Manasagangotri, Mysore-570 006 or from the respective Post- Graduate Centres, on payment of Rs.150/- for each application form and Rs.100/- for prospectus.
2. The candidates can also obtain Application form inclusive of the prospectus through post, by sending Demand Draft for Rs.350/- (inclusive Rs.100/- towards Postal Charges) drawn in favour of the Finance Officer, University of Mysore.
3. Candidates may also download the Application form from the University Website: http.uni.mysore.ac.in and submit the same with a demand draft for Rs.150 (One Hundred and fifty only) towards application fee a demand draft drawn in favour of the Finance Officer, University of Mysore, Mysore.
4. In case of courses with entrance examination, additional fee of Rs.400/- (Rs. Four Hundred only) towards Entrance Exam Fee a Demand Draft drawn in favor of the Finance Officer, University of Mysore, payable at Mysore be sent along with the filled in application.
5. The Entrance Examination for admission to specified courses will be held from 11-07-2011 to 15-07-2011 at Manasagangotri Campus, Mysore 570 006. The details are given in the prospectus.
6. Separate application form should be submitted for admission to each course and also for seeking admission to one and the same course at different Post-Graduate Centres.
7. The filled-in application form in all respects of all courses (except for M.Phil.) along with necessary certificates and copies of marks cards and certificate relating to caste/ category in case of claim for reservation under such category/caste should be submitted to the Chairpersons of respective Department of Studies at Manasagangotri, Mysore 570 006 on or before 08-07-2011 (latest by 5-00 P.M.).
8. The last date for admission to M.Phil Degree course is 30-07-2011. The candidates who intend to join for M.Phil course are required to contact the Chairperson of the concerned department of studies in this regard.
University of Mysore, Vishwavidyanilaya Karya Soudha, Crawford Hall, Mysore.
Phone1:- 0821- 2419677
Website :- www.uni-mysore.ac.in